Error 1935: An error occurred during the installation of assembly ‘policy.9.0.Microsoft.VC90.CRT,publicKeyToken=”1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b”,
type=”win32-policy”. Please ref…
What does it mean? I don’t know but I kept getting it when trying to install the latest LibreOffice on a freshly installed Windows 7 Pro.
Firstly make sure your download is good and hasn’t been corrupted on its journey down the intertubes.
If your download is fine then you’ll need to try this fix. The problem is linked to the Microsoft Visual C++ runtime components. Microsoft have decided not to fix but I did find a work-around:
- Open your registry editor (make sure to choose “Run as Administrator” if you are on Vista / Win 7)
- Browse to:
- Right-click on an empty bit of the right pane and select new ‘DWORD Value’. If you have the choice of 32bit or 64bit choose 32bit.
- Give it the name RegistrySizeLimit
- Right-click the new key and select Modify.
- Make sure the Hexadecimal option is selected and enter ‘ffffffff’ (8xf) into the Value data box.
- Close regedit and reboot.
You should now be able to install LibreOffice with no problem.